We have had a really busy CrAzY week at our house!!!
I guess I'll explain as we go.
After leaving the doctors office we went to the store to get some much needed food. While there Jace fell out of the cart and landed right on his head. I didn't think much of it. I called my sister-in-law who is a nurse and she told me what to watch for. He seemed fine till he started throwing up. I called his doctor and they said to take him into the ER. So we did... they sent us home and said he had a mild concussion. Around 1:30 in the morning he started throwing up again. I got really scared at this point. We called and they had us bring him back into the ER. The baby had woke up and was mad. So Dusty took him in. I was so sad I wanted to go so bad. He called around 3:00. His CT scan had come back and he had a fractured skull and bleeding on his brain. WHAT!!! I could not believe it. They were waiting for an ambulance to transfer him to primary children's... again WHAT!!! I was freaking out by now. I wanted to be there so bad. Dusty was so calm. He kept telling me that he would be fine they just have to watch him and make sure nothing changes and gets worse. Of course I couldn't sleep. I got up and got everyone ready for the day and off to school and grandma's. Dusty's mom had to take me to the car since Dusty had left it at the hospital. I was so nervous I didn't know what to expect.
This is what I found. The cutest little guy ever. I was expecting to see things hooked to his head...nope! All he had was an IV. He was so happy so see me. He kept saying Mommy, Mommy, Mommy over and over. It was so hard not to break down and cry.
He slept a lot the first few days. He got the Mickey blanket from. Primary's and the red blanket from Brigham Hospital. He is so sweet! I am so glad he is going to be just fine. In fact in about 6-8 weeks he should be healed and back to normal. The worst part now is going to be keeping him on two feet. If he hits his head again before he is healed he will be back on the hospital and in a helmet. Wish me luck!!! He is a wild man!!!

Morgan graduated from Preschool. She is so smart I can't believe she is going to be in kindergarten. 

4 comments:
What a terrifying experience! Primary Children's is nowhere you want your kid to end up! Glad they took such good care of him and he will get better quick. The other kids look great!
that's one of my fears! it's one of those things that you just have to guess how bad it is. glad everything ended up being okay.
So glad your little guy is doing better. Talked to Mary and Boyd at Seminary Graduation and got the details. You have a darling little family. Keep smiling!
Holy crap!!! This sounds familiar! I'm glad he is okay, that is so scary!!!
Post a Comment